This week we had the opportunity to do two super fun things!!
(aside from that spectacular family night!)
First, we went up to Mueller Park and built a campfire! We decided to leave Kailee at my mom's because we didn't want her to be around all the smoke... those poor little lungs! So, after dropping her off, Zack, Stockton and I headed on up. We got there and began to light our fire. It was seriously the lamest little fire you have ever seen! We had sticks and logs, paper towels and matches. You'd think that'd do the trick, but for some reason, we couldn't get it going! There was the teeniest little flame and it kept almost going out. I was the one (yes me not Zack... I needed to clarify) who had the ingenious idea to blow on it. Fires need oxygen right? Looks like my girl's camp skills paid off because it worked! For a minute. Then I had to blow on it again. I continued blowing until I was dizzy and felt like I was going to faint. Probably not a smart idea, but the fire was going great! Then Zack took a log off and it kept right on burning rather than going out again. I'm pretty sure that if we needed to survive in the wilderness together, we'd be in trouble. I mean, if a little campfire was that much trouble....? Anyhow, once the fire was burnin, we got to roastin! We started out by roasting hot dogs. Basically, we all sucked! All three of us were roasting hot dogs that turned out like this:
Yum Yum.
They actually weren't that bad though. After the hot dogs, we moved on to marshmallows. We made s'mores, and even roasted starbursts!
If you haven't tried it, do. It's delicious! They get all hard on the outside and soft and melted on the inside.. MmmMmMm! After our bellies were all full of junk food, we packed up and left to pick Kailee up. She had been having fun with "Mimi" and was happy to see us again! It was such a great night all around and I look forward to doing it again soon!
Next item on the list is Wheeler Farm! Wahoo! We went there yesterday morning and it was also so much fun! We saw sheep, cows, horses, chickens, roosters, turkeys, ducks, geese, goats, and pigs. Stockton loved seeing all the animals he was getting so excited! Kailee also loved it there. I think she just loved taking it all it and especially loved the animal sounds! It was great! Stockton even got to ride a pony! (after some convincing.)
He was scared at first, but after putting Kailee on the saddle, he decided he would try sitting up there too. Once sitting up there, his fear diminished. He rode all around and actually asked why the pony wouldn't run!
We then fed the ducks and geese! There was this one goose who actually ate out of Stockton's hand! Cool! It was so cute to watch too!
So yeah those were our weekly highlights. Go to wheeler farm it's great! Later y'all!





You and your cute family are always doing such fun things! You will never regret spending such quality time with your little ones!
ReplyDeleteAND....
CUTE FREAKIN HAIR CUT!
I insist on more pictures of it ASAP!!!
Oh how fun! You have such a cute family and you are always doing the cutest things together! Love it!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fun time, I love doing outdoors stuff especially with family! Love your hair, you always look so cute! Hot dogs taste better super cooked haha, looks like how I do mine!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you guys are having fun! I'm loving your short hair... Or does it just look short in the picture? Either way you're as cute as ever! The race for the cure was amazing- you just sign up online a few months before the race! Do it- you won't regret it!
ReplyDeleteHey Kristin! Aaron and I got to visit with your family on Sunday. Hope the moving is going/went well! :)
ReplyDeletei love wheeler farm. i do so many of my shoots there!
ReplyDelete