Saturday, June 27, 2009

Dreamnight

Have you ever heard of "Dreamnight at the Zoo"?

I hadn't either.  Not until a month or two ago...
  Sherilyn, (the woman who comes to see Kailee and work with her vision) told us about it.  It is a very fun, very special night that zoos host once a year for children with any type of disabilities and their families.  It's free, fun, and they even provide dinner!  There is limited entry so everyone has to put in their name for tickets and see if you are one of the lucky people drawn.  We were lucky!  So, on Friday, June 5th at around 6 p.m., we packed up and headed up to Hogle Zoo.  Upon arriving, we got a delicious dinner... compliments of.... 

Chick-fil-A.  

Yummmmy! 
 
During dinner, there was a live band playing, which Kailee loved!!  She absolutely LOVES music!  She was kicking her little feet the whole time.  

We then got to: 

see the animals

do face painting,

 and Stockon and Kailee even pet a snake

 
It was such a fun night and the coolest thing about it was to see all the kids and their families there.  It's so neat to see those children with all the different problems being able to experience something like that.  It really wasn't an ordinary trip to the zoo.  There were zoo volunteers to help the children get a more "hands on" experience.  There were shows, animals to pet and more.  You could tell by looking at them that they were truly 

enjoying themselves. 

 It really was incredible!  We all thought so!  

Thanks to Hogle Zoo for doing such a wonderful activity!

3 comments:

  1. You're such a cute Mom for getting your face painted too! And once again, you look beautiful and you and your cute family are doing such fun things together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun night, that is neat that they do that for the kids! How fun! I didnt know your daughter has her vision to work on, whats does she have? You have such a cute family, I wish I had your tiny body :) THanks for the congrats, im excited to hear what Im having too..who knows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the sweetest! Thank you for your kind post, I had no idea how tiring caring for a newborn is! Your kids are so cute. I hope I'm a fun mom like you.

    ReplyDelete