Thursday, March 26, 2009

"Let's go fly a kite"

Last Saturday was such a nice day!!  Windy too!  In our family... warm + windy = Perfect kite flying weather!  So we headed over to Walmart to pick out a kite.  We ended up getting this cute little Spiderman one which Stockton totally loved!  I got my brother Brandon, my sister Brooklin and "Grandpa Perry" to come with us.  We just went to JA Taylor across the street and had a blast!  Stockton got his kite as high as it could go!  He actually ran out of string!
















Kailee loved just being outside and watching her brother fly kites.  She even tried flying a tiny kite of her own for a minute.   Here I am trying to help her do just so...  If you can see in the picture, she had a much better time sucking on the kite string than anything else!



















After kite flying at the park, we headed up to my mom's to visit mimi (grandma). We had a fun time over there and Perry had just bought a couple trees for the backyard.  Peach (yum!) and plum.  Stockton went out and watched the Perry and my brother Brandon digging the holes and plating them.  He loves stuff like that!  Kailee and I watched from the trampoline :)


At the end of the day... Kailee had her very first little sunburn.  Somehow it was just her right cheek that got it, but it was so cute!  LOVE that rosy little cheek :)

2 comments:

  1. I wish we lived closer to each other so that we could do these things together. You always think of such fun things to do with your kids. You are such a fun mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kailee is so stinkin' cute Kristen! And I've been dying to go fly a kite! Maybe I'll have to come tag along next time cuz my husband won't have anything to do with it! :)

    ReplyDelete