I usually don't blog about things like this but for some reason, here I go.
Every morning I get quotes via text from my friend Travis. They are always good, but sometimes one sticks out. I was looking through some of them and came across this one:
"In our approach to life, patience also helps us to realize that while we may be ready to move on, having had enough of a particular learning experience, our continued presence is often needed as part of the learning environment of others."
-Neal A. Maxwell
It's definitely one of my favorites... I had to read it a couple of times and think about what it means, but after doing so, it really hit me! It's kind of uplifting and just a feel-good kind of quote. Since all trials are learning experiences, I think trials are what he is talking about. I tend to think in a pretty selfish way about my trials. I always want them just to end. Well, next time I get
FRUSTRATED

with struggles I am going through or things I am facing, I am going to try to remember this quote. While I may not want to go through my trials any longer, it may be necessary for others to learn their own valuable lesson. Our trials can actually benefit others! It's definitely a much
HAPPIER

way to face trials when you look at them this way.
I'll do my best!
Hope you found that as uplifting as I did!





that IS a great quote even through non-mormon aspect. so your coming on friday to our playdate, right? can't wait to see you!
ReplyDeleteThis is exactly the quote that I needed for this week. Thanks for sharing it and your thoughts. Love ya!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! I'm so glad you found me! I've thought about you from time to time... Miss the old Ruby Days! haha Hope everything is going well! I'm going to add you to my friends list if that's okay!
ReplyDeleteaw Kristin! I love it! Great quote, I should have that goal too. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteIm glad you found my blog! You and your family are so cute, your little girl looks so big since last time I saw you! You were tiny and you had just had a baby..im jealous! Great quote, there are always positive things in life we have to remind ourselves time to time. You look like you are doing great, I am happy for you! Nate says HI!
ReplyDeleteSo true girl! Thanks for sharing! I have a couple quotes tucked away for when I have those crummy days and need a boost!
ReplyDeleteLunch date needed ASAP!